From our early beginnings in a garage some 40 years ago, we have grown into a large group of companies. This has been possible with a lot of hard work, close attention to our customers’ needs and dedication to ongoing innovation.
Today, A World of Labels is a full-fledged umbrella organization made up of multiple companies which serve the needs of both local and export markets. Our sister companies, each a reputable specialist in its own right and separate niche market, provide a range of the latest technological and customer-driven labels and packaging. They are all based in Mauritius barring two which are well-established in Madagascar.
We are therefore strategically located in the Indian Ocean region with its huge potential market in the Indian Ocean and nearby Africa and Asia.
Forever focused upon the current and future needs of our customers, we have more recently set up a company with a view to providing a one-stop shop to our valued customers who can be assured at all times of a fully dedicated and personalized service through our professionally trained salesforce and sales advisers.
MILLIONS LABELS PRODUCED ANNUALLY.
It all began with one machine in a garage. Today, we produce a wide range of labels to supply about 50% of the domestic market and export to the regional countries of the Indian Ocean islands and Africa.
1979: Berque Ltée
- Specialist in printed ribbons, tapes and stickers
- Prints on cotton, taffeta, nylon, canvas
- Brand labels, size labels, compo labels, leg stickers, barcode stickers
1981: Labelling Industries Ltd
- Packaging Specialist. Anything from wrap around labels, shrink sleeves, narrow web and self-adhesive labels (plain and printed) to scale labelsand promotion (fluo) stickers
1985: Narrow Fabrics Ltd
- Woven Labels and Tapes Specialist – taffeta or satin, black and white, high density, sonic cut and special folds
1999: LabeltexMada SARL (Madagascar).
- Specialist in printed ribbons, tapes and woven labels.
2012: LabelMada (Madagascar).
- Created in 2011, Labelmada is the sales office of Labelling Industries in Madagascar for the flexible packaging.
2017: A World of Labels.
- A World of labels is a legal entity that regroups Berque Ltee, Narrow Fabrics Ltd, Labelling Industries Ltd, Labeltex and LabelMada. We did this in order to be more customer-centric and to provide a one-stop-shop to our customers.
VISION, MISSION & VALUES
To provide the smartest packaging experience ever.
To anticipate and satisfy the needs of our customers through the provision of timely and highly competitive top-of-the-range quality labels.
To always meet the specific requirements of all our customers. Our business philosophy encompasses the following core values:
- Passion – We make sure that each and every time, every single job gets done well.
- Innovation – We keep ourselves at the cutting edge of technology and innovation by continuous investment in state-of-the-art European machinery.
- Trust – We are a business with complete trust in our capabilities to handle challenges in a very competitive business environment
- Commitment – We are totally dedicated to delivering our promises and meeting our customer’s business expectations
- Strong ethics – Our corporate culture is imbued with business ethics, which permeates every aspect of our company. Good governance, transparency and accountability are part and parcel of the company’s way of doing business. Such strong ethics is one of our major strengths.
- Loyalty – We have loyalty in our human resources and the communities whom we serve, and we contribute to their well-being and success.
Domestic market & export zones
Manufacturing and Domestic market: Mauritius & Madagascar.
Export zones: Reunion, Mayotte, Seychelles, Ghana, Zambia, South Africa & New Caledonia.
A dedicated salesperson acts as a single point of contact to each of our clients. Our fully-trained sales team knows our product portfolio inside out.
STATE OF THE ART TECHNOLOGY
Our Production team works in air-conditioned, soundproof environment, completed with power generator.
Prior to production, we provide:
- In-house design
- Computer-to-plate system (digital plates)
- Spectro-photometre using delta E readings which replace the human eye
During production, we use the latest technologies:
- Flexo UV ink equipment up to 8 colours, enabling cold foiling, mat or brilliant varnish, lamination, embossed
- Screen printing
- Cut & Stack with quality control by scanner
- Musonic/ultrasonic slitting
CUSTOMER LOYALTY PROGRAMME
Our clients are assigned one of three statuses according to the turnover they do with us and their level of business commitment to us – Platinum, Gold or Classic. There is a range of advantages arising from the status that covers prices, design, cost of samples/developments, lead-times, service level, delivery of products among others.
To know more about it, please contact our sales team who will be happy to provide you with more details.
OUR TEAM AT YOUR SERVICE
Labelling Industries Ltd
Narrow Fabrics Ltd
Pointe aux Sables Road
T. (230) 207 1400
F.: (230) 207 1415